Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Fabric pictures and apron for mom!

Hello,

I have made of few of these material pictures, some use new and some use and vintage frames for a unique look. The one above is a recycled frame.
I experimented along the way using embroidery thread but after lots of work I realised it was too much detail and actually made it harder to read the words. Sometimes less is more!
Each frame uses different materials and words.

Sorry this one is a bit blurry. It was so overcast today and yesterday I couldn't take a decent photo. I have all my stuff lined up to list on etsy but I shall have to wait for the sun to shine!!

Yesterday I remembered my promise to make an apron for my mother (she's a patient woman!), so I got the freshly washed fabric all lined up. As I don't have a pattern for an apron I decided to copy around the pattern of one of my own apron which is a great shape.

I cut around the edge adding a couple of inches and then copied again around a plain white material for backing. And so basically sewed the two sides together and added on the apron tape for ties and a pocket ( a last minute request!) and ta da:

I hope she likes it! The material was quite thin so that's why I added the backing layer.
Next on the list its new children's aprons.

Take care,
Maria

3 comments:

  1. These material pictures that you made are lovely!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your lovely comment! I have some vintage frames that are waiting to be filled (on my list of things to be done!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wearing aprons around the house, especially if my clothes don't have pockets.


    http://personalisedaprons.org

    ReplyDelete