Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Charity Shop Finds, Vintage Childrens Pictures

Hello,

I found a few "treasures" on my recent chairty shop trips. I haven't got around to actually doing anything with them yet, but I will!
As you may know I love vintage childrens pictures either framed or in books. Here's one of my daughter's favourites:

And here's a recent find. I am still debating with myself if it is cute or if it is a little creepy. I am not sure about it, the toys look very sad. Maybe a fresh coat of paint on the frame will brighten it up. What do you think? Could anything cheer these toys up??


Here's a sweet farm picture. I can imagine a child happily singing along to this one. I like this one because the illustrations are realistic and not changed into silly looking animals with big eyes that look nothing like the real thing.
Next up is a chair just waiting to be upgraded. I carried this through Carlow town back to the car in the rain ,whilst guiding small boy and carrying other shopping. It was too nice to leave behind and I if you don't snatch things up when you see them in charity shops they are always gone an hour later. Believe it or not a man actually hopped out of his car and offered to carry it for me. I nearly fainted in surprise, there is a few gentlemen left in the world. Of course I declined.


Its a much nicer chair than I usually find so its going to require the full works, sanding, painting, new padding, fabric, the works! I reckon its a school summer holidays project for me. The fabric reminds me of my childhood curtains for some reason. Ah kids today, don't know how lucky they are!!!

Right off to get some sewing done before the school run begins.

Take care
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment