Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Doll Necklaces, a return to my first ever handmade item

Hello,

I wrote a post before about the small bead braclets I used to make as a child and then sell in school. I was reminded about this when last spring a flower in my mother's garden bloomed with the remains of one of these braclets on top (must have spent twenty five plus years underground until a flower pushed it up).

I made a few of these necklaces to add to doll's outfits and most recently for my daughter's birthday presents (she designs, I make!). While I was on a roll I decided to make some extra ones to add to my etsy dolls shop.


It was great fun making them, the colour combinations are endless. I ran out of elastic in the end I made so many.
I have to finish my tutorial on rerooting dolls, I did actually finish the dolls some time ago. I have a fresh batch of dolls hair on its way to me which includes thermal hair, a new product where the hair changes colour when you heat it! Am looking forward to making a few unusual dolls with that. Yes I am a big kid at heart....

All the best,
Maria

1 comment:

  1. I love those mini-jewels...they're jus awesome! ...And compliment to the designer!

    ReplyDelete