Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Vintage Dolls Blanket, an inspiration!

Hello,

A couple of years ago my daughter got this little dolls bed from Ikea, I am going to spray it pink the minute the weather gets a little better. With the wind out there this week, I'd be covered in paint if I even attempted it. As you can see it is loved even in its plain state.

The blanket is a vintage dolls blanket that came from the US in a little cardboard dolls suitcase and some clone dolls (the one on the right!).
I think its from the 1960s/70s and its so beautifully made, completely made with love. I was going to hold onto it but I think it deserved to be loved by a child rather than sit in a box so I let mine have it!
It is inspiring me to make some dolls bed covers, to complement the doll cushions I already make.

I am about to list up lots of things on etsy on both shops, providing my internet does not fail me again. Here is some pics I made for a baby boy's room. I always seem to make ten girly items to each boys item so I am trying to even the score.

I have made some matching cushions and bunting as well.

All the best,
Maria

2 comments:

  1. Those baby boy pics are sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Your latest are wonderful! I love the vintage blanket as well, it's so tiny and well done!

    ReplyDelete