Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Busy in Dolly World, new look Sindy doll

Hello,

I've been busy making small things. I made a lot of children and adult items in the last few weeks so it was a real novelty to make little things again.



I also re-rooted (gave a new head of hair) to a Sindy doll from the 1980s. The doll originally had brown hair but it was missing lots of hair in patches so I decided to give her a whole new look. I mixed two hair colours together. I was inspired by my daughter's Monster High doll as these tend to have unusual hair colours. I am guessing if Sindy was still on sale today she might just have a similar look.
The hair needs to be cut and styled now, am open to suggestions.

I am working on a pattern for doll's dresses. The one in the photo is my prototype. Its a bit big on Sindy doll but perfect on a Barbie doll. Its based on a 1970s pattern that was incorrect but hopefully its ok now. I have some small print fabric ready to be cut up later, some of it is so cute.
Right time to snap back into adult world.
All the best,
Maria

2 comments:

  1. You are busy bee:))wonderful mini cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hadn't made any in awhile so it was a novelty!

    ReplyDelete