Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Pictures from the Fair!

Hello,

Am well rested today after a comfortable day sitting on a deckchair at the fair in Shankill Castle,
Kilkenny! The weather was wonderful which was a near miracle after the rain of last week.
Here's some pics of the stand. It was a great learning curve, as I kept rearranging and adjusting as the day went on. My mother came with me for support and I think she spent more than we earned!! We were there an hour before opening so had plenty of time to unload the car, open up the gazebo and arrange all the items on the table.

This is the side of a cot (unsused at present!!) used to display aprons and bags. A few more hangers would have been handy but I'll know the next time.

Its still a work in progress here, I was stepping back to see how it looked. I would love to have had oilcloth for the table but funds would not allow, hopefully next time. I improvised with a duvet cover. I actually found I didn't have that much room for displaying items, despite the table being two metres. The stall next to me (three lovely ladies who had jewellry and decoupage boxes) had three tables, one either side and one at the end of the gazebo which was a great idea as there was plenty of room for displaying items without them appearing crowded. Also I'll be on the lookout for wooden boxes etc to create some height on the stall.
My mother is helping with the display above.
Here's a view of the castle from our stand. The grounds were amazing. Since I was a child we would drive by the gates of the this castle on our way to Tramore, Co. Waterford so it was interesting to see what was hiding behind the gates all these years!
Yes I made some sales which was very exciting. It was wonderful to see little girls trying on my handmade aprons. I received lots of positive comments which was great as well especially as I am new to this whole business, it meant a lot!

I met Eve, from Grace of Eden on etsy ,who is a lovely friendly lady with some amazing jewellery pieces. I meant to take a picture of her stall and I'm sorry I didn't!
All the stall holders were so friendly and there was some really beautiful work, not to mention tasty cakes. That really makes the experience (the fellow crafters and not the cakes that is)

All the best,
Maria

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for your sales!

    Wonderful stall! My compliments :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Elettrarossa- wonderful stall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're stall looks so pretty with all that lovely fabric. Very inviting.

    ReplyDelete