Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Back from the Fair, time to create!

Hello,

I think this has been the longest break I have taken from my blog, but I'm back to business!
I had been sewing lots of stock up to the weekend so I am looking forward to trying lots of new things in the next few weeks.
I was at the Tinahely Show, Co. Wicklow on Monday and here are some pictures of my stall.
The table cloth was a last minute purchase from a local shop in Tullow. I had planned on buying a white tablecloth but I think it looked well in the end, a bargain for Euro15.00 considering there was nearly 4 metres!

The show was incredibly well organised from start to finish, the organisers certainly know how to run a show! I was in the craft village marquee with some very talented crafters, there was writers, jewelry makers, fellow sewers, wood crafts, a great range of items. I'll add in the links of the other crafters here shortly..
There was an amazing quilt tent full to the brim with some very talented work including one by Tomomi who has a shop on etsy www.etsy.com/shop/SlaneyHandCraft and who has an truly incredible talent, she really has turned quilting into an art form.

There was some delicious food to be had, I had some melt in the mouth fudge which I am still thinking about today. And the most delicious scone I've had in a long time also.
There was so much for children to see and do as well. Small boy here has all his tractors and farm animals back out and lined up in the sitting room reinacting the scene!
I am delighted to say I did sell lots, I nearly sold out of bunting and dolls cushions.
Sindy was very popular, a few did try to buy her but she was too comfortable on the couch to leave!

Right the BBQ is nearly ready so its time to go, hope its sunny for you too!
Take care,
Maria

3 comments:

  1. Glorious report! Your stall is amazing and the last minute cloth couldn't be a better bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you.It's great to hear that you sell a lot of your items!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, its a real learning curve every time!

    ReplyDelete