Sunday, 16 September 2012

Decorating the Nursery!

Hello there,

How are you? Its been a few days since I had a chance to catch up so I'll try to make up for it.
Finally got a new camera, am still coming to grips with it so forgive me! Been busy making lots of Christmas decorations, bunting and of course finishing the baby blanket. A lot of cleaning and rearranging and the nusery is almost ready. I went for a soft mix of colours, blues and greens and greys. I have ordered some retro airplane print fabric for the curtains and chair.

I made this cushion a few months ago and had it listed on my etsy shop but I took the listing down and its found its way into the baby's room! The frame was a bargain buy in Dunnes.

The finished pram blanket! A lot of careful sewing and matching and reorganising later it is finally finished.
Here is another picture of it. My hat goes off to people who make patchwork and baby quilts, they must put a huge amount of work and effort into them. The owl babies hanger is from Ikea. It reminds me of the "Owl Babies" book for children.
 Of course no room would be complete without bunting! It couldn't take a decent picture of it as it's accross the window but it matches the blanket. The picture frame is vintage, Old MacDonalds farm pictures. The curtains will be replaced.
 
I couldnt resist this monkey sticker, a bargain from ebay (4.80 euro inc P&P), its large and on the wall over the cot. As its a sticker I can easily removed it when it becomes too babyish!
All the old frames I painted before using grey and green paint are hanging up too and match in perfectly. I'll take a few more pics when the rain stops.
Two weeks to go till the big day so must attempt to put feet up for a bit!!

All the best,
Maria

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks very cute and beautiful!
    Maria- I did not know...are you expecting a baby?:)

    ReplyDelete