Thursday, 29 November 2012

Trip to Waterford and Preparing for Fairs

Good morning,

Carousel in Waterford City Centre
Its a lovely sunny day in Carlow, freezing of course but sunny! Earlier in the week my daughter and I took a trip to Waterford city. As a child we spent many holidays in Waterford so its one of my favourite places in Ireland. Now I live in Carlow and the motorway is built its only an hour away which is great. We arrived and parked by the quayside which now has an impressive flood barrier built all the way down the quays, it makes a lovely walkway too!
We walked up as far as the clock tower and low and behold what could we see in the distance, a carousel! Herself dragged me as quickly as possible up to it, "It's just like Mary Poppins" she informed me. Of course we had a ride, I enjoyed it as much as her!

It added to our great girly day together!
This weekend I have a stall or rather a little wooden chalet at the Taste of Carlow Christmas Fair in Carlow town. I am busy getting all last minute bits and pieces made including lots of Christmas decorations and stocking bunting. Fingers crossed for no snow or rain.
Then its time to decorate the house for Christmas, I can't wait!
All the best,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment