Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Vintage Bunting Complete and roll on Easter

Hello,

I was looking under the stairs yesterday, into the land of hidden mess. Under the stairs is concealed with a little door to open and throw/hide items in and then you can forget about them. Until you need them and then you pull a few things out and try to clamber in with a torch without hitting your head too many times! Usually I forget what I went in for and come out without something else! I went in for a crochet kit as I think I am going to give it a try. The granny squares crochet blanket on "The Midwives" tv programme is my new inspiration! Anyway, I came accross a bag of Easter decorations when I was in there.

Last year we painted mini eggs and tried a bit of decoupage! I shall have to up the game this year and come up with something new. I'll be off shopping tomorrow to try to find some bits and pieces to help with this.

I finished lots of bunting this week, really pleased with the vintage bunting. You'll be seeing a lot more vintage fabrics from me.
I've mixed in all sorts from different eras but its all upcyled bedlinen. Of course I found myself eyeing up my own pillowcases but stopped myself just in time, ha ha!
No fabric is safe from me these days...

I got lots of new fabric in the post yesterday, well technically in the post office as I had to pay customs before I got my parcel. Its the complete opposite to the above, lots a boys fabrics, Toy story, Spiderman, the Avengers which is all hanging on the washing line right now. Small boy is delighted as he just knows he can con something new for his room out of it!

Have a great day,
All the best,
Maria

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having good fun. Great idea about Easter decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liga, yes indeed, have to have fun creating! I think I've come up with something for this years decorations, lots of twigs and yellow wool!

      Delete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about the 'under the stairs' hiding place. found you through blogging buddies.
    http://astronomygirldesigns.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elayine, Welcome! I'm off to check out your blog now! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi, thank you, its last years one, this years will have to be bigger and better!!

      Delete