Sunday, 25 August 2013

Craft Room Makeover Part One

Evening,

My craft room/studio/sewing room makeover is well underway. I have this habit making an absolute mess in order to create calm! Nearly there now.
Mid way through debating what do with my newest (old) piece of furniture, I scrubbed it until it sparkled a little. I was debating whether to paint, what colours to paint it but now I kinda like it the way it is so I decided to start filling it. Its a new home for buttons and threads and lots of lovely cards and postcards.

Here's a close up the treasures on top of the cabinet. There is a fabulous piece from Clare Jordan on the left (www.ClareJordan.com) which I love love. The little padded bird is from Seasame and Lily who creates the prettiest vintage style cushions and little treasures. The flowers picture is a charity shop find, the original print was completely faded so I had fun repainting. The gingerbread man is a prototype for Christmas.
Next to the cabinet is a little table which I sometimes take to fairs. I got it in Woodies in Lucan for ten euro about five years ago and hadn't factored in the whole fitting it into the car thing. With the help of three other people in the car park I fitted it in and received very wise advice about measuring tapes!!
I am still working on this little area. I did have some ribbons wrapped around long paper tubes but the little people here seemed to constantly mistake them for swords so I am working on a new solution.
More pics to follow!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend,
Maria

8 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty treasures here a serious haul!
    bestest Daisy j x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! It looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you, if it makes you feel better I am constantly jealous(envious?) of your lovely finds!

      Delete
  3. I'd love to have a space like that, just to fill it with my favourite troves as well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, its still a work in progress, I do appreciate the space though!

      Delete
  4. My nosy side loves looking around other people's craft rooms! Your's looks like a wonderful haven :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love looking around other craft room's too, mine is a work in progress!!

      Delete