Saturday, 14 September 2013

Dress Patterns - New and Vintage

Hello,

I've been a little caught by the dressmaking bug! In my search for patterns I treated myself to this gorgeous book this week
It is beautifully done, contains five patterns including one top which is very like one of my existing favourite tops so that has to be fate! The book ends with this dress below, I am dreaming of it in many colours and patterns.
And of course not to forget the vintage. Here's a Diane Von Furstenburg pattern, I can't see a year on it, but I am guessing 1980s. 
Next up another oldie but I really think this is very Temperley London. 
Now all I have to do is figure out how to make all these dresses and my wardrobe will be smiling from ear to ear!
Have a great weekend,
Maria

10 comments:

  1. The Colette book looks beautiful! Those "Very Easy, Very Vogue" patterns are the best - I think I want the Diane Von Furstenburg dress! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Holly, Its a gorgeous book, I keep just looking through it, working my way up to actually using it, ha ha. I've had the DVF pattern for years and I am determined to make that dress this year.

      Delete
  2. Hi Maria, thank you for stopping by my blog and following. I've just had a peek at your Etsy store and you are so very clever. I love your bunting made from the floral vintage sheets. Have a great week. Elaina xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elaina, thank you to you too! Welcome and all the best, Maria

      Delete
  3. Oh they are fab!!! My dressmaking has had a bit of a setback after I had to send back my dressmakers dummy. The quality just wasn't good enough for me. Must start looking for another one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma, I am about to start looking for one, one child and one adult size if I don't faint at the prices that is. Any advice greatly appreciated!

      Delete
  4. Hi Maria, lovely dresses, like the neckline for the blue dress form Colette book. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liga, Its lovely isn't it? I'll be working my way up to that, that's the end goal!

      Delete
  5. Oh I can not wait to see what you make! How exciting!!! And of course I just love those vintage patterns!!! I do an Etsy feature on my blog...would you ever be interested in being featured???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole, I would love to thank you very much for asking! All the best, Maria

      Delete