Friday, 4 October 2013

New Logo and Baby Boys Bedroom Makeover

Hello,

Did you ever have one of those weeks where nothing works as it should? I'm in the middle of one of those this week. You tube solved my sewing machine tension issue (thank you to all those people who take the time to post on youtube!) and the broadband eventually came back on (yeah!) but now the sd card from the camera isn't reading. Hmm. Not to worry, worse things can happen! On the bright and cheerful side I got a fab new logo. Thanks to Mary in Nettepatch Design for your patience and skills.

I love it as its so girly and pretty! Will have to wait very patiently now for my new clothes labels to arrive.
I've been working on lots of little dresses and I have to order a few small dressmakers dummies soon as the children here are refusing to try on any more. In fact they only try them on if I promise there is no pins in them (fair enough!). If anyone can recommend a good source in Ireland or the UK please do let me know!!
Baby boy is getting a room makeover this week, below are some frames I painted before for his room, I am using the old airfix toy planes as my colour inspirations, so lots of grey's and greens. I've framed some airplane fabric and I will pop up pics as soon as I get this card problem fixed.

Here is the before picture of a chair which is painted grey now and waiting for me to add the new fabric today
I am using Annie Sloan grey paint which I got in the fab Handmade Design Store in Mullingar. Right back to work and looking forward to catching up on all the blogs now my connection is back.
Have a great day!
Maria

8 comments:

  1. Here you are ..blue ,soft and childhood suggestive !! lovely Maria ...
    and.....yes, I had as well difficult days that... all wrong comes together !! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally does! Not to worry, it's nearly all sorted now. x

      Delete
  2. Yes it has been one of those weeks for me! I'm sure you've heard of the gov't shut down over here and I, unfortunately, am one of those Federal employees without a job for now. But I was able to finish a quilt and start a new one! Love your new logo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see it on the news, to be honest I wasn't too sure what was going on, but I certainly hope it all works out for you. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. I'm not 100% sure what's going on either! Oh well, at least I have some free time!

      Delete
  3. I am loving the logo lady! The colors are spot on!! And I have been having one of those weeks too...washer breaking...missing library books...and so on!! Gotta just smile! Loving those frames and I can't wait to see that chair!!! Happy Tuesday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I know the sensation! Congratulations for the many things you've been able to accomplish despite the disruptions!

    ReplyDelete