Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Planning a Tractor Party

Hello,

Another lovely sunny day in Ireland, I am getting a little confused with all the sunshine this year. No longer feel the need to squirt Vitamin K into the children's drinks! Small boy and I have been busy gathering inspiration for his birthday party next month. It might seem like I am planning too far in advance but this is one important date, so he keeps reminding me. Small boy here loves, loves tractors and combines and all things farms and fields related. While no one in our immediate family farms, our house is at the side/section cut out of a field that is farmed and we live in the middle of the countryside so tractor viewings happen many times a day. Hence tractor birthday parties. We set up a board on pinterest to gather ideas:
http://www.pinterest.com/lollipopsday/small-boys-party/
How brilliant is this? Picture is from pinterest, link above. Apologies but I can't seem to see the original source but will add it in if I can figure it out.


Picture courtesy of Visit blogs.babycenter.com
How great is this bunting? I will have to try something similar! And the balloons, what a great idea to tie in the John Deere colours. In case you have no idea what a John Deere is, its a green tractor with yellow wheels!

And of course the cake has to be considered. For the past two years small boy has ordered various versions of a farm themed cake. Age 3 we had a field being harvested:

Next up was ploughing and harvesting:
He has mentioned a sewing and ploughing cake!! Better get doing up lists asap!

Any tractor theme tips send them my way!
Have a great day,
Maria


8 comments:

  1. Here in Alabama, John Deere tractor-themed birthday parties are very popular. The colors - yellow and green - are so bright and uplifting. Our 2 yr old grandson is obsessed with school buses but also like tractors and all farm equipment and trucks. His twin sister is equally obsessed with Pretty Pony! You're smart to start planning so early. -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tractor parties are rare in Ireland so all my inspiration pics are from America!

      Delete
  2. Oh this is going to be fun friend!!! How wonderful that you live in the country! I wish we had more land around us. This party is going to be awesome...your inspiration is perfect! I can not wait to see what you do!! Happy day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting the bunting tomorrow! And to you too!

      Delete
  3. The theme decoration looks great. Children are very excited for their birthdays and it is a very important day for them as well a for their parents. The above decoration is looking great.I liked it. The decoration for birthday parties are incomplete without balloons and cake. I recently arranged party for my daughter and ordered balloons, they were amazing. You can also find something interesting in this: http://postalflowers.ie/balloons/birthday-party-balloons.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I get just as excited as the kids! Thanks for sharing the link, I'll check it out!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for popping by my blog and following. Your little boy certainly loves farms. You might want to check out the blog Queen of my Nest. She has two tutorials on tractor themes. One's for bunting and the other is for a wreath. Can't wait to see the sewing ploughing cake !!! Will be following along.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali, thanks for visiting and I'll have to check that out, thanks for the tips!

      Delete