Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Studio makeover in progress

Hello,

I can't believe it is February already, where on earth is the time going?!? Been busy in my new studio space, well it is the space space just a little made over. I've been having great fun filling it with lots of vintage treasures to balance out the Ikea pieces! Excuse the not so fabulous pictures in advance, I was using my phone.
These are my two gorgeous newly acquired dressmaker's dummies, sitting on my cutting table. In the back is my copy of "Miss Murray", some amazing photgraphy by Valg Studio and a gorgeous hanging sign from Clare Jordan Ltd. The cutting table is a large conference table from Ikea with adjustable height so I can stand and work. Money well spent.

I've made some new children's cushions which are made from vintage children's hankerchiefs sewn to new fabrics. I love the illustrations on these. These are sitting on a shabby white console table, purchased from Woodies about 7 years ago, I know it was 7 years as I carried it to the car with one arm and pushed my daughter in her buggy in the other. Then I had the whole how do I get this into the car? But it was only ten euro!! Ha ha. Covered in some lovely Cath Kidston oilcloth. The lamp is from Next (in the sale of course)


 Some new dresses on the cutting table. Paper weights are from Dunnes Stores.

 Dummies redressed by my daughter! In the background is an Ikea Expedit shelving unit, great for storage and those concealed "bins" can hide a multitude.

I will take some nice pics this week, its been raining non-stop and very dark so not great for taking shots.

The room works so much better now and is a pleasure to be in, its completely different in style to the rest of the house so it feels completely separate which is a good thing! Everything is organised from the fabrics to the buttons to the patterns. Now just the bookeeping to sort, eek..

Have a great day
Maria

6 comments:

  1. Those little dresses are so cute, and I love your studio space, it must be so nice to work in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh friend it looks wonderful!! Your dresses are the stars if the show... And yay for having a good working surface!!!! Enjoy your new space lady!!! Happy week to you!!! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dresses are so cute! I can't wait to get one for my little niece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, my name is Camila, and it's the first time that I read your blog, and I must to say it's so nice! I just loved your map wall. Sorry about my English, I'm Brazilian and I'm learning it yet. I found your blog on a internet search, I was searching for Irish blogs, because I love your country since I learned a little bit about the Celtic Culture since then, the dream of my life is someday I can visit some special places there, and while I can't travel for Ireland, I thought with myself, why not try know a little bit more about the people, culture, landscapes, music with the internet? Well, it was really nice know your blog, because I'd can be in Ireland for a while, in your tours around Dublin, in your garden with apple trees, it's so magic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post about studio makeover in the progress. I like that in you studio you have so many things with story and memories! xx

    ReplyDelete