Thursday, 27 March 2014

Doe a Deer, the cuter the better!

Hello,

I can't seem to escape deer's these days. They are soo cute and seem to call to me! I found this guy/gal in a local charity (thrift) shop. The deer and the little fake flowers on a patch of  fake grass (all behind glass/plastic) and placed in front of a postcard.

I am wondering if its something they used to sell at tourist stops? Anyone know where Kate Kearneys Cottage is? I am going with Sligo or Wicklow! But will of course feel embarrassed if its a very obvious landmark or well known place.

Couldn't leave him behind.  Happily sitting in my studio. He can help this guy mind the threads.

I've found some great little treasures (well treasures to me, very possibly trash to others!) in the local shops lately. A little bundle of frames just waiting to be filled with my new fabrics as a display on the wall. Found some really cute angels today which are being put aside for the impending First Communion party.
This gorgeous fabric is from Holland, now that I put the pics together, there is a definite resemblance!
Dress is available in my etsy shop (link to the side of blog). Is it just me, or are deers everywhere?
Have a great evening!
Maria

8 comments:

  1. I really get enthusiast when things seem to call me, as it's happening to you with the deer! Then deers are really cute (and I love that dress)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its true, when things call to you, you see them everywhere!

      Delete
  2. I love the little blue deer especially, and the deer dresses, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the blue too, he took some scrubbing to get him to shine!

      Delete
  3. Maria it seems that Kate Kearney cottage is in Gap of Dunloe | Killarney, (googling LOL) and has Certificate of Excellence 2013. for food,service and atmosphere..
    a pity I didn't know last August , that I wa there Killarney :-((
    .The deer is at the very nice place !..btw in the fabric..is so cute ! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant! And yes I was totally wrong. That is so mad, I wonder what year it was from and how many of them are in houses around the world!!

      Delete
  4. I was going to say that the cottage was in Kerry, but Margarita beat me to it :)
    Funny, actually, as last time we were driving through the woods near the Kilarney lakes, a dear popped out of the woods, ran in front of the car (!!!) and disappeared into the forest again! Deer everywhere indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am going have to keep an eye out for the real deal now! Must be a regular sight in Kerry!!

      Delete