Friday, 31 July 2015

Vintage Sewing Machine and Charity Shop Finds

I've seen photos that people post of their Vintage Sewing Machine and I will admit to at least a small amount of envy. But last week, I was dropping in a bag to our local charity (thrift shop) and there it was. I couldn't believe my luck. It is missing a couple of parts and isn't working at the moment but its such a beautiful machine. Its now top of my list to find a working vintage one.


It is a hand machine and is pretty heavy to lift, especially in comparison to modern ones. I was explaining to my mother that for me this is the equivalent of a vase or a work of art!



I also found these cute vintage children's frames by Dallas Simpson to add to my collection.


I passed on my snow globe collection to my daughter but I couldn't resist this little New York one of the Empire State Building. Found its way onto a shelf in my studio along with one I picked up in France commemorating the DDay Beach Landings.


And I also came across some vintage floral pillowcases. Washed and ready for sewing now. Deciding on whether to make little dresses or bunting from them.

I have a charity shop rule that I can't buy something unless I am donating at the same time. I think there is a karma to it! Plus I would end up with a very cluttered house very quickly.

Its been a very busy day here in my studio as I am preparing for a Craft Fair on Monday, the Tinahely Agricultural Show, Co. Wicklow, Ireland. The last fair I did was the RDS Fair last December so I'm a little rusty!

Got this very cute cupcakes fabric last weekend, couldn't wait to turn it into a dress.


Have a great weekend
Maria

2 comments:

  1. Your new sewing machine's a beauty! I have one too and I agree, it's sooo heavy! I love those retro pictures too, such great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie, Thank you, I am still staring at it every day, just so beautifully made. I was lucky this week! x Maria

    ReplyDelete