But this year she shot up in height and the dress was nearly a top. She could have worn it as it was with jeans or leggings but instead I went for a simple transformation. I measured her first and then cut off the top part of the dress and made a skirt out of the longest piece. I then took little sections of the fabric and added introduced a second out of my fabric scrap pile to make a matching t-shirt. I used bondaweb to attach the circles of fabric and sewed around them.
This was a photo I took on holidays of her wearing it, she's styled it up herself with a matching cardigan.
Now she has an outfit that will be worn this year and hopefully the next. And the fabric is such excellent quality I have no doubt it will look as good as new!
I'll be doing a lot more of this in the future.
Have a great weekend,